These are the answers from the participants, to the question “Which are the books that every museum empolyee should read?”. Of course, this list could be infinite (and will be updated in the future), yet it seems a good start. Thanks to Kate, Nora, Scott, Alicia, Catherine, and Lisa.
- Brown, Alison and Laura Peers, eds. 2003. Museums and Source Communities: A Routledge Reader.
- Dean, D. (1996) Museum Exhibition; Theory and Practice Routledge, NY
- E. Hooper- Greenhill (Ed.), The educational role of the museum. London: Routledge. Roberts, lc (1994/2004)
- Falk, J. H. (2009). Identity and the museum visitor experience. Walnut Creek, Calif: Left Coast Press.
- Falk, J. H., & Dierking, L. D. (1992). The museum experience. Washington, D.C: Whalesback Books.
- Falk, J. H., Dierking, L. D., & Foutz, S. (2007). In principle, in practice: Museums as learning institutions. Lanham: AltaMira Press.
- Falk, J. H & Dierking, Lynn D. Learning from Museums: Visitor Experiences and the Making of Meaning. (2000) Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press
- Gurian, E. H. (2006). Civilizing the museum: The collected writings of Elaine Heumann Gurian. London: Routledge.
- Hein, G. E. (1998). Learning in the museum. London: Routledge.
- Hein, George E & Alexander, Mary Museums: Places of Learning. (1998). Washington: American Association of Museums.
- Hirsch, J. S., Silverman, L. H., & Museum Education Roundtable. (2000). Transforming practice: Selections from the Journal of Museum Education, 1992-1999. Washington: MER.
- Hooper-Greenhill, E. (1994). Museums and their visitors. London: Routledge.
- Hoving, Thomas. Making the Mummies Dance, Simon & Schuster, 1993
- Karp, Ivan (Editor), Christine Mullen Kreamer (Editor), Steven Levine (Editor). 1992. Museums and Communities: The Politics of Public Culture
- Kratz, Corinne. 2002. The Ones that are Wanted: Communication and the Politics of Representation in a Photographic Exhibition. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- Lavine, Steven D. 1991. Exhibiting Cultures: The Poetics and Politics of Museum Display
- Lorenc J., Skolnick L., Berger C. (2010) What Is Exhibition Design? RotoVision SA
- Marincola P, ed (2006) What Makes a Great Exhibition? Philadelphia Exhibitions Initiative, PA
- O’Neill, Paul and Mick Wilson (eds.) Curating and the Educational Turn, Open Editions, 2010
- Simon, Nina. The Participatory Museum. Santa Cruz: Museum 2.0, 2010
- Tilden, Freeman (2007) Interpreting our Heritage Chapel Hill: University of North Caroline Press
- Villeneuve, P. (2007). From periphery to center: Art museum education in the 21st century. Reston, Va: National Art Education Association.
Clifford, James. 1988. The Predicament of Culture. Cambridge, Harvard University Press.
- Weil, Stephen (2002) Making Museums Matter Washington: Smithsonian Institution
Excellence and Equity. (1992/ 2008). Washington: American Association of Museums